After reading some of these on CNN, I decided I should think about what I would say to myself at 15. I would be a sophomore in High School.
- Don’t peak in High School - it’s not worth it and the people who do rarely do a good job in adulthood.
- Don’t worry about getting made fun of for not drinking or partying enough - you are 15 and still a child, ENJOY your childhood
- Those geeky things that you love to do like waking up at 6 am on a Saturday morning for a debate tournament? Totally worth it. At least you cared about something and wanted to contribute and learn - some people go through their lives without ever doing this.
- Oh and the boy who you like that doesn’t like you back? Don’t worry, he goes bald in his early 20s and sells shoes in Nordstrom. You dodged a bullet.
- If you think you’re “fat” - girl you ain’t seen NOTHIN yet. Also, SHUT UP. You are not fat. You are 15.
- You will fight with your bff who you were friends with as a toddler. It will be hard. You will be angry. She will come around. Everything will work out.
- Quit band. You will be in class one day and the police will come barging in and your teacher will walk out in handcuffs. You will later find out he fondled a senior and everything about the whole thing will be gross.
- There will be bitches who pick on you for no reason. Don’t worry, they will never finish college, they will have to rely on someone else to provide for them, and looks will fade. They will have their own crosses to bear. Thank your lucky stars that you only had to deal with minor acne and questionable fashion choices.
- Your forehand swing will never be as good as your backhand and you will just have to deal with it.
What would you say to 15 year old self if you had the chance?