I really need my own custom wooden stamp so I can do all these cool things with them:
Make my own cute stationary:
Make my own cocktail napkins:
Make my own adorable gift tags:
Now if only Matt would propose so our stamp could say The J’s.
I was watching the news this week about a BAN of fireworks because it’s too dry here and there’s a big threat for wildfires. There have already been a few wildfires here and there and when they showed areas of concern in the state of Texas on a map, practically the whole state was red and “at risk.”
I think I’m ready to head back to my beloved east coast. It’s too hot and dry here to enjoy being outdoors, a lot of the people I’ve met here have been mucho crazy, and now this firework ban… Odds are stacked Texas, odds are stacked.
That moment when Google Alert sends you an email about Virginia Tech, you open it and find that audio files from the shooter have been found.
Cosigned. You have to emotionally prepare yourself to open that box of Pandoras
When it’s opened for you and you’re not ready? Somebody better overnight you a million boxes of Kleenex
I think we’re going to go for the gold and get a Chicago style pizza tonight and I couldn’t be more excited!!!!
I haven’t had one in years so this should be pretty epic.
- Getting over that horrible food poisoning! Thank goodness! I was so over it!
- Eating solid foods again! I had pizza and pasta this weekend! I didn’t eat tons of it because my appetite isn’t 100% back, but it was a nice hearty start!
- Trying Italian Wedding Cake for the first time! Can we say YUM-CITY? It reminded me of a Tres Leches cake but without the sugary milk at the bottom. It was very good, but I think I like the Tres Leches more.
- Hanging out with Matt after a week of him being gone! I barely recognized him! Haha
- Getting to spend some time with our pup, Zoe. She missed Matt so much and we felt bad that she had been stuck inside all week with me being sick and all so we took her to Petsmart with the intention of getting her haircut, but apparently you can’t just walk in and you have to call 3 hours in advance. Looks like she’ll have to stay indoors to stay protected from the scorching Texas heat until we can make this appointment for her.
- Watching a lot of Man v. Food. What an awesome job.
- Listening to a bunch of classic Michael Jackson songs on the radio as the DJs were marking the 2 year anniversary of his death. Smooth Criminal and Thriller will always be forever favorites!
Started my morning off with an epic and soul-cleansing conversation with Sharon over the phone. I love how she can always put things in perspective even if it does take some tough love from time to time. Anyway, I emerged from the convo feeling uplifted and GREAT.
Thanks Sharon, you are the best!
Even though I had horrible food poisoning this week there are still so many things to be thankful for:
- All of your kind messages. Seriously, thanks for caring you guys! Tumblr is the best!
- Close friends calling 2-3 times a day to make sure I was doing okay because they knew Matt was gone this week and one friend volunteering to ship me Gatorade!
- Getting my health back towards the end of the week! Last night I was able to eat Chicken Nugs… I felt like King Curtis from wife swap
At the end of the day what really matters is your health and your loved ones. What put a big smile on your face this week?